Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"Sleepless"

Well the fundraising is over (for now), its about 1:30 a.m. and just finished up packing.  Leaving for the airport at 4. Needless to say tomorrow is going to be a long day. Myself and close friend Meredith are heading to Nicaragua for 10 days. While on our trip we are meeting with many organizations and groups with hopes of learning the structure of how they operate, seeing what each of them specialize in, and build new relationships.  By doing these things, we hope to be able to begin the process of starting a more permanent presents in Nicaragua.  Meeting up with us for part of our journey is my good friend Brad Hall. Brad is a friend I met in Haiti, and is a long time pitching coach. ( Washington Nationals Organization )

This is my first time going to Nicaragua not with a group. Nervous??? Absolutely. This will be my first time driving in Nicaragua as well.  Today while I was a searching frantically for my passport( which I did eventually find in my car) , I was told, "Just sit back and relax. God has this one.... Just be flexible & at peace... Once he makes up his mind to do something, not even our own stupidity and forgetfulness can stop him". This advice should not just be taken for this trip, but its very true in our daily walk as well.  A plan has already been given to us. It is up to us to sit back, enjoy the ride, and follow the path in which we feel led to go down.  And if it doesn't work out, then its not the right one, or the right time.

As we leave tomorrow morning, I only ask for prayers for our journey, that God will keep us safe, and show us the reason why we are going on this trip.

Thank you all for your support,

Until Managua,

Brad

1 comment:

  1. Praying for the both of you this week (and always). May God show you the path you are supposed to take and bless your time there with the stories of all the wonderful people you'll meet. Love you both, Joanie

    ReplyDelete